Why are you keeping your traditional telephone line?
Landline telephones seem to be falling out of popularity and into obscurity. According to a recent survey by the CDC, over 65% of American homes used only cellular phones.
Some people continue to hang onto their landline phones because of their home alarm system. The belief is the landline phones are more reliable. However, a landline phone is the most vulnerable form of communication for an alarm system. At one time, phone lines were the most reliable form of communication for alarm systems.
But when the FCC changed rules to allow phone companies to stop maintaining their copper lines, more outages and problems have been occurring. This past fall, residents in southern Dutchess County experienced four days of interrupted service. In February 2015, Verizon's phone lines were down for six hours across the Hudson Valley. That same month, residents in Manhattan went almost the entire month without phone service.
CIA recommends using radio communication for alarm systems. It is the most reliable form of communication. Battery backup allows it to operate during power outages, it is wireless communication so it's considered tamper proof and it has the highest transmission speed for sending alarm signals.
While there is a small installation charge and monthly fee associated with the radios, they can offer overall savings by eliminating the need for costly phone charges. The average investment of installation of a residential radio is approximately 300-500. Example: Basic phone service that includes unlimited local calls generally cost around 20-30 per month not including taxes and fees. That equals approx. 480.00 yearly. the installation is a one time installation cost and a low cost monthly monitoring fee.
“Tomorrow's Security Today”
Here at CIA Security we offer very competitive prices and the highest quality protective systems available. Our "home turf" runs from Westchester County up to Washington County and about 50 miles east & west of the Hudson River in upstate New York. We install and service throughout this region with our own professional staff-boasting over sixty years of combined experience.
The CIA Key
- CIA Security operates with independent UL listed monitoring response center to ensure professional handling of any emergency. Backup generator power and redundant communications are in place for your complete peace of mind.
- CIA Security provides 24-hour, 7-days a-week, toll free, customer support.
- CIA Security is a full service provider. Our technicians and sales people are all well trained CIA Security employees - NOT subcontractors or temps.
- CIA Security Systems are simple to operate - from basic home systems to sophisticated commercial applications.
- CIA Security services are quite affordable - our monitoring can be less than 84 cents a day and you will likely be able to save 20% or more on home owner's insurance rates!
Now, more than ever, you need to help protect your family and home.
- A home without a security system is 2 to 3 times more likely to be burglarized.
- Over 1.2 million home invasions occurred in 2009.
- The value of property stolen during burglaries in 2009 was an estimated 3 billion dollars.
- 67% of all burglaries involve forcible entry and over half (60.7%) occur during daylight hours.
Serving New York State in the Hudson Valley and Capital District Region.
- Southern Schoharie
- Eastern Delaware